Monday, March 16, 2009

Quilt show and random stuff...

Sorry i haven't been around lately. It seems like days are going by so quickly that i just don't seem to have the time to do much of anything. Or perhaps i should should use my time more wisely! lol
Anyway...I went to a quilt show recently. One of these days i would like to enter one of my quilts into a show...One day. lol I saw some beautiful quilts. Here are some of my favorites.
I loved the color and detail of this one. You (I) don't see the heart border at first, my eyes keep getting drawn to the center star. you have to make yourself look at the borders. That is what makes this quilt so great!



I loved the snowman quilt! I was thinking of you Vickie! :)
I love this Christmas tree wall hanging! I am going to try to find the pattern and add it to my (long) list of quilts to make.
This wall hanging was so pretty! It was listed for sale for $50! I am sure the first person in the door purchased it.
Ahh...what can i say.....
This one was so pretty with all the colors and flowers. I don't think i would have the patience to make this quilt. lol
This was one of my absolute favorites! From a distance is is so pretty with all the flowers. but wait...


Look at all that hand stitching. Ahh....It was even prettier up close.
After looking at all the great quilts and seeing all the elaborate quilting, i have decided i need to buy a quilting machine! lol Um, yeah....(holds breath...)

Ok, now for something more my speed....A friend of Sarah's was having a bday so i whipped up this little bag for her as a gift. It was so easy to make and so cute! It was a free pattern from Lazy Girl Designs called the Noriko bag. Unfortunately i cant seem to find the link right now.
Ahh...Man's best friend....this poor pup is home all day with 6 people, when dh comes home from work the dog acts like he has been home alone all day! lol

Here is Timothy with a tool box that he made in cub scouts. He is very proud of his box he made. We also learned a lesson that we will NEVER stain wood in the house again!!! Poor kid will never be the same, is all i can say.....Don't you just love a boy doing chores with a joyful heart? I know i do!
I have also found some books that i enjoy reading besides HP or Twilight.....lol One day dh and i were at the library for a class on getting organized. There was 2 inches of snow out and the teacher canceled the class....sigh...doenst she know i need to be organized snow or not!? Well anyway, i started browsing the isles looking for a good book to jump out at me. And one did! It was called "The Temptation of the Night Jasmine" by Lauren Willig. The thing that caught my attention was a review that said "Pride and Prejudice" lives on....Well, I loved the movie and tried reading the book, but it was just too hard of a read for me to get into it. so i decided to try this book and i really enjoyed it! I just started another one of her books called "The Secret History of the Pink Carnation" and I have a big stack of her other books in waiting. lol I requested them all from the library thinking they would trickle in one at a time instead of all at once! lol
So when i went to return the first book and not a single Lauren Willig book was on the shelf i went in search of a new book to jump off the shelf, and to my surprise i found another. (who knew the library was full of good books to read!) The book i found was called "The Constant Princess" by Philippa Gregory This is a story about the early life of Katherine of Aragon, and how she became to be Katherine Queen of England. Historic fiction at it's best. I also have a big stack of Philippa's books waiting to be read....lol Who knew i would love to read historic fiction?

2 comments:

Vickie said...

Sorry I haven't been here before now! I really like all of the quilts, but I love the snowman quilt! Thanks for sharing!
Timothy's box is great!
Your little baby bag turned out very cute!
Sounds like your books are great! I have been reading a ton lately! I'm not sure I should be, but I am!!!

Teresa said...

Great pictures from the quilt show - so many beauties there. Cute family pictures too - life is definitely good in your neck of the world.