Monday, December 29, 2008

A month in pictures....

It has been a crazy month here....between school, work and Christmas sneaking up on me I lost track of time. I have tons of pictures i have been meaning to blog about, but never had a chance or was too tired to think. So in no particular order....

We attended a Cub scout Christmas party...Here is our cub scout enjoying the party. We sat with a nice guy and his scout son that is in Timothy's group. This man thoroughly enjoyed talking with Timothy. His son was off running around being crazy and Timothy was sitting quietly. They talked about all sorts of interesting things. This dad works for NASA and he will be doing science, hands on type thing with the scouts in the spring. It sounds like it will be really fun for the boys.
Here is Joshua...lol One of the dads was playing the bagpipes, Joshua didn't like it from the looks of his reaction.
and here is Sarah, we HAD to buy this Christmas headband for this party!! OMG! gg and she looks stunning in it! she was also enjoying cookies too...
The older two decided to NOT attend the party this year! lol I guess being teenagers and all....

At the party they had about 6 of these blow up animals. Sarah's goal for the night was to have her picture taken with each one!!! sigh....I wont bore you with each one. This one was the cutest. It was tough getting good pictures with 50 kids running around the place. lol
Here is Joshua getting his gift from that guy that wouldnt let him sit on his lap. lol The other kids ran off to quickly so they missed the picture. And yes, Joshua does have his shirt on backwards....Some things are not worth fighting about.....lol He also likes to wear his undies backwards.....and his pants....lol
We also had a birthday, Jacob turned 14 He invited his friend over and they played video games all afternoon. They came up to eat and open presents. Josh for some reason decided to tackle Jacob...you never know what to expect from Josh...
Jacob and Emily were invited to a bday party at a horse barn. They got to groom and ride horses. Jacob being Jacob didn't know it was at a barn and i forgot to remind him to take his allergy medicine....Jacob is extremely allergic to horses....He really likes horses and still had a good time even though he was miserable. Here is Jacob with his horse and partner.
Here is Emily with her horse and partner. Emily has taken lessons in the past, she was disappointed she wasn't able to ride by herself...but she got over it! lol I think it was the smell of horses that helped. lol
Look how strong my ds is!!! lol He must have been a very good boy this year to receive such enormous presents.....lol
They are actually empty boxes. lol Someone had a Christmas party at our church and these were some decorations that were left behind.
We also made cookies...We used a LOT of flour this day....Here is Timothy serious about making cookies.....
Josh being a spaz about making cookies....
Look at all that flour....sigh....
Sarah trying to be as careful as she can. These were special cookies for Santa. Although i think she knows that daddy really eats them.
Ohhh...flour in the eye.....I really didn't feel sorry for him. Not after tossing flour everywhere....I did make him suffer while i got a good picture. LOL
I wanted to share some special ornaments on our tree. I don't have any from when i was a kid, but i have some special ones from recent. I received this one from my friend Diane in NE. Each year the email list we are on has an ornament exchange. I haven't had a chance to ask, but i am positive this was hand carved. It is very pretty, Thank you Diane! :o)
This is the PIF gift i received from LisaV. I couldn't wait to put it on my tree. I looks beautiful! When the tree comes down i will have to find a special place for it in my sewing area so i can admire it all year long.

Here are some favorite ornaments of mine. They are clear with sparkly snowflakes. I have several different shapes and sizes of them.

This was a gift to dh and i this year. I had never seen a Luther's Rose ornament before. We like it a lot.

And my last ornament was also a gift this year. Isn't she adorable? :o) I collect Cherished Teddies...well used to. Don't have the $$ or space too much any more. lol But i do love them. :o)

So other than that I was running WAY behind Christmas Eve I was baking and wrapping gifts all day. We didn't even eat lunch that day. We nibbled on cookies though....and we ended up getting Mc D's for dinner on the way to church. lol
Christmas was good. We have this tradition of having Cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Christmas day. So while the Cinnamon rolls were baking the kids opened their gifts. They seemed very pleased with what they got even though it wasn't much. I did happen to find a Wii Fit a few days before Christmas and was thrilled about that. They kids were even more thrilled when they opened it! :oD They have been exercising each day....mom on the other hand hasn't.... :o/ Of course mom had to work over the weekend and hasn't recovered yet. lol Always an excuse, i know....

For several weeks a friend and i have been trying to get together. We had a Hobby Lobby/Pannera day planned. I had never been in a Hobby Lobby before and one recently opened near her house. Today finally was a good day for both of us, so we went shopping and our kids visited at her house while we went out. We hit the stamping dept first so we were sure to have all our energy for that dept. lol We were there for several hours and never got to see everything in the store! I guess we will have to plan Pt 2. lol
I got a really cute (clear) stamp set. It is my first clear set, SU never promoted clear stamps so while selling SU i never even bothered with them. Now i can do as I please. lol I also got some Christmas verse stamps, now i don't have to print them off the computer! I got some really cute paper and some supplies that I had run out of. I suppose now that means i have to clean my stamp area so i can make some cute cards.....
Always something....I wish Christmas break was longer.....

One last thing before i end this extremely long post! A friend of mine from work told me that she had talked to a mgr about seasonal employees. As far as i know her and i are 2 of 10 that are going to be kept on! :o) I haven't heard it "officially" but I am on the next schedule and other seasonal employees are not. I am sad for them, but happy for me. I know it had to be a very difficult decision! There were so many good workers hired for the season. I am not sure how many but there was a LOT! I am happy because I have been making good progress on paying medical bills! Hours for January are sparse, but they should pick up in a few weeks.
Thanks for reading! I know this was long. I hope you all have a safe and Happy New Year! :o)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoyed the post and all the photos. It was fun sharing in your Christmas activities. I hope your job does work out for you. Everything is so uncertain in this present economy. I was happy to hear last night on a TV talk show that the low prices we are having on gasoline should last through the winter and into spring even before they go back up. Every penny saved helps. Happy new year to you.

Vickie said...

What a wonderful post full of great pictures! You have to use too much flour when you bake! It's more fun that way! Happy New Year!

Lauriinnc said...

What a great month in review! How did you manage to fit cookie making in with all of the other stuff going on? I love the picture of your baby with flour in his eye!