Monday, December 08, 2008

The Birthday Boy!!!


Yesterday was Jacobs 14th birthday!!! I just cant believe he is 14.... It seems like just yesterday he was a little boy, and now we stand eye to eye. A day he has been eagerly awaiting.
It was a quiet day, but enjoyable. (I hope for him also) He had a friend over and they played video games for hours. Occasionally he would come up from the basement and make an appearance.
His birthday cake request was a delicious choice. I had made this dessert for Thanksgiving and he enjoyed it so much he requested it for his birthday cake. I doubled the recipe and made a crust of crushed Oreo cookies and made it in a 9X13 pan. You can find the recipe here...
It has been such a joy to watch him grow and mature into a young man. I cant wait to see what the future holds for him. I love you Jacob! :o)

You can see his dads post about his bday here

1 comment:

Vickie said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Jacob!
Hey that birthday cake looks yummy!!!
I will have to try it!