Saturday, October 25, 2008

Not much new...

Not much new has been happening. Same old stuff. Each day the kids ask if we are doing anything...I always say "YES! School!" What else would we do? I am not sure why we have to go over this each day, but we do!
Over the past few months we have been doing some major de-cluttering. We got rid of a lot of stuff and moved some furniture around to make more space in our living room. It is nice having all the extra space. We have done work in the basement also, but i always forget to take pictures, so its not the same. lol We still have a lot yet to do!
Since school started we haven't been doing as much in the basement. We started doing some work in the kitchen, I need to go through and get rid of the dishes and things we never use. Less things = more space....and we could use more space! :)

I also did some work outside, moving plants and stuff. Only to find that i will have to move them again..sigh...but it's for a good reason...
I keep admiring this bush we have in front of our house. Of all the years we have lived here, I never remember is being so pretty! Of course it may have to do with us taking out an big ugly bush that was growing on top of it. (you can still see the stump, we haven't gotten that out yet)I was working on that flower bed a while back. I quit when i happened upon a bees nest. That wasn't fun...I have been tossing black eyed Susan and Daisy seeds in that bed. I have a bunch of them growing in the back. Since i don't know what to do with the bed and i have those seeds available I figured, why not!

Here is one of the embroidery projects I was working on. These napkins were a birthday gift for mil. I thought they were still a little plain, so i added a corner flower on the opposite corner. It didn't look as great as i thought it would......of course i forgot to take a picture of that. I also forgot to take pictures of the embroidery projects i sent out for my PIF gifts....I am starting to think i need something to help my brain function properly. Any ideas? lol

I saw this sign at the grocery store and thought it was funny. The other day when i was there with my son, he talked me into getting it. lol


I guess i do have some new news to share! I got a job. I decided to get a part-time job to help pay off some medical bills. I applied at Target last Sat and they called me on Monday for an interview. I had that on Tuesday and go for training this Tuesday. It is a seasonal job, so after the holidays i should be done. They said sometimes they keep people on, so we'll see how it goes. I am fine with it either way .... :o)

6 comments:

Connie W said...

I like the pumpkin sign ;D
Good luck with your new job!

Mary Anne Drury said...

Hey Debbie!!! CONGRATULATIONS on your new job AND because you are one of the winners in my Halloween Give Away!!!! So, email me with your address so I can mail out your loot!!! Yay You!!

Dandelion Quilts said...

Congrats on your new job!

Vickie said...

Thank you so much for my gifts! I love the dragonfly towel! It is Lilli's favorite! The snowflake potholder is mine! I will post a picture when I post in a little while! I love your red bush! How sweet! Good luck with your job!

Norma said...

Ok, four kids that you home school, lots of projects, where do you fit time in there for a another JOB? Notice I said another cuz it sounds like you have several already!

Take care and congratulations.......DD worked at Target through high school and college. My nephew is a Target food store manager.......and I love to shop Target! LOL

Jacquelynne said...

LOVE the sign! And congratulations on your new job at Target- as far as I'm concerned, if they give an employee discount, that alone would be worth working there!! (I spend a lot of money at Target....)