Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I wasnt going to...but here it is!

I wasn't going to show you my homework from my quilt class, but here it is....


When working on this quilt i was so aggravated!! I have NEVER taken a quilt apart so many times in my life! This quilt was a thorn in my side. I hated it! I hated my class and i regretted signing up. I was angry with myself because i wanted to quit the class! I had signed up for the class even though we didn't really have the money for me to do so...
After I finished the required work I put it away! I thought it looked horrible and I wasn't gonna show anyone! I didn't even offer to show it to dh. After a few days of not thinking about it, I decided to show dh after all. I had warned him about how awful it was and how disappointed I was with my work. I took it out and it was like a little mouse had come in the night and fixed it for me! lol After taking a break from it, I had time to calm down and refresh my mind. So in reality, it wasn't as horrible as i had thought. In fact only one point of the star was messed up. It is the bottom left point, and since the last triangle is the same color as the diamond you cant even really tell. It has a wrinkle that i will probably need to straighten, but i can live with that! (it is better than taking the entire point apart)
I was thinking i would stop with the star and make it a wall hanging and be done with it. After looking at the pattern, the star is probably the hardest part! So i have decided to give the class another chance. (and i will try hard to not be mad at the classmate that choose the pattern!)
If anyone is interested in this pattern when i am done please let me know! I will never use this pattern again! lol I must warn you, this pattern is not easy to follow. You must have an add on set of directions and templates. (additional $$) So you must look at this add on pattern to learn how to make the star, then refer back to original pattern. I happen to have a copy of both patterns along with the templates.

Over the weekend I happened to be in my local craft store while they were having a having a bead roadshow (or something like that) They were having a drawing for beading stuff so I entered, Even though I don't do any beading...I did make a bracelet at the store, Oh, my was that stressful! lol All those pretty beads to choose from! lol Any way while I was finishing up my bracelet I heard them page someone with a similar name to mine. After I was finished I went to ask who they had paged. She had pronounced my last name wrong, it was me! I didn't win the grand prize beading bundle, but i won a book! Since I was so frazzled from this simple bracelet, I thanked her and tucked the book in my arm and went home. Later that evening I remembered about the book and decided to take a look at it. It is a very interesting book and has lots of neat ideas. The book is on making cards and jewelry items using altered creations. This book is too far out of the box for me! So I decided to offer it to my blog readers. If you would be interested in this book leave a comment and at the end of the week i will choose a winner!

4 comments:

Marie N. said...

Congrats on winning a prize and on making some peace with the quilt. I'm afraid your give sway book would be wasted on me. I hope you find a winner who will love it.

Kim said...

I think your quilt is very impressive looking!

I want to enter your give away, I love books like that :)

Mama Koch said...

It looks good....but I've been there too...taking a class and not being happy with it.
Maybe somebody will take it and enjoy.

Jo Jo said...

Oh no!!! There would be nothing worse than regretting signing up for a class when you hate what you have made!! I am glad to hear that when your frustration subsided things were not as bad as they seemed. I think the quilt looks great...you should look at it with pride, wrinkle and all. Good on you! Jo x