Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Wickedly Easy Quilts

Something amazing happened last week! It was Thursday morning, my oldest dd went to babysit and took her baby brother with her. Ds 13 had a friend over to play and his other 2 siblings were all involved in playing with them as well. (can you say new Wii?) Poor mom had nothing to do! :o(
I decided i wanted to do some sewing! I wanted to do something that i could just jump right into with our too much planning. I started flipping through my pattern and decided on A Wickedly Easy Quilt from Byannie. I just happened to have a box of fat quarters from Joann's liquidation, which just happened to have the exact amount of fat quarters the pattern called for! I jumped right in and started cutting and sewing. The quilt went together so quickly and the directions were easy to follow. In one afternoon i was able to get all 20 of the quilt blocks together before i needed to stop for the day. Saturday i was able to get all the blocks sewn together to make this amazing quilt top!

I don't normally go for these colors..normally i like bright colors. But together I love it!
I am not sure what i am going to do with it....Dd's eyes lit up when i showed it to her! Although she already has one i am finishing up for her. I just need to finish the quilting on it.

7 comments:

Teresa said...

Way to go - sometimes it fun to just do something simple and spontaneous. Now those colors are right up my alley, sure wish the quilt was.

Vickie said...

Wow! You did a wonderful job! I love the quilt top! I may even be able to do it especially if it is easy! The colors are great!

Marie N. said...

That is some fast work!

It is funny how we don't know what to do with our moments of free time when they sneak up on us!

Carin said...

Beautiful!

Red Geranium Cottage said...

What a great quilt and fast too.

Lyn said...

Hi Debbie, don't you just love it, when a quilt comes together so well.I am sure the new quilt will be residing on DD's bed?Regards Lyn

Dandelion Quilts said...

Wowsers! What a fun quilt. I just love the colors and the design...and I love a fast quilt that looks this great! Great job