Monday, July 14, 2008

See! I really DO quilt!

lol! Last week, I worked away on Sarah's quilt top and finished it! When it is all together it does look better. Some of the fabrics i really don't like, In addition those same fabrics are really thin. They did strange things when sewing them. Like stretching in strange directions. I can tell i purchsed them before i started working at Joann's, because now i would never buy such thin fabric. It is one of those touch things. Perhaps you sewers/quilters understand. Crazy thing, i never purchased the borders for this quilt...Why!? I think i am going to have a tough time finding matching fabric. I know nothing in my stash works...sigh....
FYI...I was in Joann's 2 weeks ago. I was talking to the employee that happened to be my quilt teacher at Joann's. I was concerned becuase the quilting wall had really-REALLY big gaps in it. I mean liquidation flashback gaps! She told me that they are getting a new line of fabric in and needed to make room. This fabric base price starts out at $8.99!!! Ugh....Pretty soon we wont be able to afford fabric... :o(


Here is that long awaited picture of Emily's curtains.....drum roll please....


Here is Joshua modeling his new shirt....dont mind his messy clothes cabinet. He loves to pull all his stuff out.
Then there's Jacob with his tye dye undies. I think they turned out pretty cool! lol
We discovered that they also make camo tye dye kits. One day we are going to paint the boys room and they want to do a camo theme. We found camo wallpaper border, i just need to figure out what to do with the walls. I am open for suggestions since i am decorating challenged.

5 comments:

Gino A Melone said...

For the boys room, woodland silhouettes. Deer and such.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Sarah's quilt does look good! There's always the internet for fabric. Even though you can't feel it before purchase, if you find an online store you get to know well, that might work. You're motivating me!

Dandelion Quilts said...

What a pretty quilt!

Anonymous said...

I heard about the prices going up at Joann's. Only good thing I can see is that it gives an excuse to stock up on the cheaper fabric while it's still available.

debbie said...

Gino, we did actually consider that! Our problem is, with all the beds and dressers most of the wall is covered up. timothy liked orange paint...lol I think that is a little too much! Maybe a shade of green would be better.