Saturday, May 17, 2008

Sigh....

Last week i had an x-ray to see if my stone had broken up any since the surgery. I was not surprised to see that it was still sitting there. I expected that since i hadn't passed much of it. In fact the small amount that i did pass the Dr said wasn't even enough to run any tests on. He said we could try that same procedure again (ESWL which uses shock waves to break up the stone) but since the first time we got such little results he didn't think it would work no matter how many times we did it. He told me that the ESWL works 80% of the time. I just happen to be one of the (un) lucky 20%. He suggested doing laser surgery. As long as the stone doesn't move and he can touch it with the laser it should work. My surgery is scheduled bright and early Tuesday morning. Although i don't think it will really be bright at that hour...Wish me luck! :o)