Wednesday, March 05, 2008

Here's what i am thinking....

Even though right now it feels like an eternity...In a few short weeks i will be unemployed. The nice customers ask what I am going to do after it is all over with. I am really excited for the opportunity to catch up on some sewing projects!! Which makes the nice customers happy for me. :) Over the past 18 months i have collected more fabric than dh knows about! ;o) (naw! he sees it all! I think!?) So here are some of the things i had in mind....

Here are "a few" of the patterns i have collected. All great projects. Looking forward to using some of these.
Of course here is the pattern i purchased back in the early 90's to make dh a shirt.... :o/ Wonder if i could adjust the pattern and make the pockets and collar smaller? lol wonder if dh 's co-workers will make fun of him? lol Here is my appliqué' quilt. top is done, needs to be finished off. :)


I was planning on making some new kitchen curtains...just cant decide which fabric to use...I love them both!!!
This is Jacobs quilt the top is finished, just needs to be quilted. This will be on the list.
They offered remnants to employees for .25. :) I was thinking dress up stuff for the younger ones. :) of course some of these are almost 2yds! i could use them for other things too.
This is a quilt i started for a gal that was preg. she had her baby several (several!) months ago....
This is quilt i made with the extra fabric from the above quilt. It is ready to be finished too! I think i want to put a pink border on this one.
This is a pic of the pattern for Sarah's quilt. She used to cry at night because all she wanted was her quilt! :o(
This is as far as i got...
Then there is Emily's quilt. I started hers a really"really" long time ago! It just needs to be quilted and have the binding sewn on. (#1 on list)
I got these baby wash clothes from the $1 bin. I was going to play around and embroider on them.
These are going to be bean bags for the kids. It "sounds" like a good idea....wonder if it will be!?
Here is a place mat that I paid a *lot* of money for! i was going to make a purse out of it....
so that is what i have in mind for when i become unemployed! :)

3 comments:

Lynne in Hawaii said...

What is that...the first week?! Alright, maybe a month. But I got to say there is something about getting up only when your are done sleeping! Happy retirement.

debbie said...

Hi Lynne thanks for dropping by again! :) I am sure it wont be finished in the first week! lol I do have to clean off my sewing desk. How is it that so much junk gets piled on it when you don't use it!? :)
Then again, I still have 5 kiddos that i home school, and the 2 yo still likes getting up at 7am....lol a gal can dream though. :)

Marie N. said...

That will keep you busy for a little while! I look forward to seeing the photos you post as you make progress with these.