Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Words cont..

Last night at work went pretty well. I was able to speak to my supervisor for a few minutes. She said the Mgr was way too hard on me and it wasn't right, and that i am too nice of a person and my skin is too thin. I need to forget about what the Mgr said to me and move on. Oh yeah, and thicken up my skin. Because i am a nice person and i do my work, she doesn't notice me and what i do. So i need to "step it up!" I reminded her that last week when her another woman and i were working together, they were doing the sale set, i handled the customers, cleanup and recovery all by myself all night! I could tell she hadn't realized i had done that. I told her that each night i work, i do my best and each night i break out in a sweat because of it. She couldn't come up with anything other than "step it up"...
Last night was the last day of the HUGE sale, we were so unbelievably busy! we had a skeleton crew working! (that sucked) the first hour of the 2nd shift we sold $1,500, in 1 hour! there was myself and another woman working the cutting counter. We had fabric everywhere! the one pile was higher than i could reach. we finally left at 11pm. (store closed at 9) the store was not perfect last night.
So anyway, while we were cleaning up the other woman tells me that a few weeks ago the Mgr was asking her all kinds of questions about me. Her reply was her and i didn't work together all that much she didn't have anything to say. So it all make sense in the game, that when i was told that *everyone* says this about me, it means that ONE person may have said it. I know who said it too! i can guarantee it. she is a lazy,18yo, immature, high school girl of color...Lately i have worked with her a lot. I don't like working with her because i have to do all the work...Oh wait! that sounds familiar. Many of the things i got in trouble for are things that happened while working with this girl. I don't work again until Friday, i still have to decide if i should quit or not....

3 comments:

elephantschild said...

"You're too nice; your skin is too thin." I've gotten that comment a lot in my life! As if the fact that I don't care to be insulted or called names is somehow MY fault! HARUMPH!

And I missed that big sale! Shucks! (But I think my mom carted home a load from her town's JoAnn!)

Kelly Klages said...

By the way... I got my purse prize in the mail. It's AWESOME! Thank you! I've already taken it out and around to show it off. :o)

Sniz said...

Thick skin. it is a way to tell you that in this society, people are rude and don't have the skills needed to learn "If you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all". If the person who said these things about you was 18 years old, I'm really disappointed with the moral character of teenagers. Oh wait. Even if she wasn't the one, I'm still disappointed!