Tuesday, October 16, 2007

We were so busy last week!

What a week! Wednesday is when we went to the pumpkin/potato farm. Thursday we went to the school office for an open house. The kids had a good time meeting their teachers. They gave all the kids hats and t-shirts. Emily was excited to be able to watch/assist with a pig dissection.
Friday we tried to play catch up with school at night dh took the kids shopping for camp food. Saturday the boy scouts and the venturing crew (Emily) went backpacking. i was going to take the younger 3 to the farm park. Dh agreed to take the older van and let me use the better one. they got about 10 minutes down the freeway and the van overheated. I had to load up the kids and go drop off the better van and drive the old (overheated) van home. Luckily we made it home safely! lol
Fil was kind enough to let me borrow his car for the day. I took Timothy to walmart to sell popcorn with another boy in his troop, they did pretty well for being so little. When we finished there we drove out to the farm park where we met Evil Genius and her dd. The farm park was having a pumpkin/corn fest. It was a nice day and i think the kids had fun even though it wasn't as exciting as the description. lol

We went to dinner at Bakers Square, which was rather yummy. I had never been there before. of course we had to have dessert! Timmy and Sarah split an Oreo pie and Josh and i split a hot fudge brownie sundae. (I'm not a pie person) Came home got the younger ones bathed and in bed and Timmy helped me prepare for my stamp class on Sunday...Nothing like waiting till the last minute. lol
We were late leaving for church on Sunday, but in doing so we got to see an interesting thing. One thing "good" about our city, is that they have a terrific fire dept. which is good if you are ever in need. We got to the corner and a fire truck went by, next the ambulance. We saw another strange vehicle with yellow flashing lights but didn't recognize it. So we waited for it to go by, it was a Police/Fire/Ambulance Command post RV! and they turned down the street before ours....not sure what was going on...not sure i want to know...lol
after church we came home ate lunch and off to the class. got home unpacked. Just in time for the backpackers to get home and unpack and tell us all about their adventures...you can read what dh had to say here.... and what Emily had to say here....
Monday goes by and we are still behind...lol
Tuesday goes by and we are still behind...

5 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I didn't realize you'd never been to Baker's Square before!!! It's a great family restaurant, but I love pie so maybe I'm biased. :)

Unknown said...

Wednesday goes by and...you are caught up! Right? Sigh. In heaven we won't have to worry about things like this!

debbie said...

Now it is Thursday and i am still behind...lol

Aaron.D.Nemoyer said...

You'd never been to Bakers Square? *dramatic gasps and such* ;-) I haven't been there in years, but I love that place. ..I'm also very much a pie person, though I do prefer fruitier pies.

debbie said...

Hi Darth N! I don't really know of any Bakers Squares close to where we live. Which is probably why we have never gone. I think there used to be one in sorta close, but it isn't in a good area and i think they closed. lol