Wednesday, October 03, 2007

a day to celebrate?

I'm not sure....today marks the 1 year anniversary of my employment. lol I will celebrate by...

working.

which i think is a good thing. Means i still have a job! In fact this will be the 3rd day in a row that i worked, which is surprising in itself. All these things i make up in my crazy head.
One of nice things about work is seeing a customer that i have helped in the past. Monday i was putting some fabric away when a young couple walked by. when they noticed i was an employee they stopped. I had recognized the young man. Several months ago he was in looking for something velvety. He had ordered a decorative egg from Germany (or something) and it had arrived in the mail that day. he was going to place an engagement ring in it and wanted the ring to set on velvet. So back to yesterday... they stopped and asked for help. I think my face lit up because i had been dying to know all these months what she said!! So i asked "How did it go!?" He couldn't believe i had remembered him. Of course she said yes and they showed me the ring. She couldn't believe he had been into the store to purchase fabric. even tough he only needed a small piece, the fabric is like 54" wide. He said again how he couldn't believe i remembered him! I told him he was the first and only guy i helped choose fabric to propose to his girlfriend. I wouldn't forget that! They showed me a pic of some wedding favors they wanted to make. They were cute but very different. It was basically mens shirting fabric. the napkin rings looked like mens shirt cuffs, buttons and all, then down the center were runners made from shirting. Fall is a bad time of year for shirting...so i wasn't much help...

1 comment:

Marie N. said...

How great that you got to find out how it went!