Monday, August 13, 2007

Nice people of the world...

....Unite!
and be kind to your retail sales people! lol :o) working in retail I deal with a lot of unkind customers. Most of the time there are so many unkind people i forget about the kind people. This past week i worked a lot of hours and dealt with all sorts of people...This week was opposite of a normal week seeing as the kind people made a bigger impact on my overall week. A few that stand out in my mind are...

Customer 1, a woman that is making fabric rugs to sell at craft shows. I cant figure out what she is explaining to me, but i have gotten good at pretending to know what people are talking about. lol This was the 2nd time i have helped her and this time she told me about the first time she was in the store and had a bad experience, when she asked to speak to the Mgr she was surprised the Mgr was the one that caused her to have the bad experience! She refused to name names, but i guessed who it was. she was shocked! lol She told me how much she appreciated all the help i gave her and that i was very nice to her. Because of me she has changed her mind about how she feels about the store. She said she was going to write a letter to Corporate and tell them too. :o) She also promised to bring in one of her rugs to show me! :o) I cant wait! I would love to see one so i can finally understand! ;o)

Customer 2, a guy that looks like he would be more comfortable in a Harley store. I was helping him and his wife, he was making corn hole games and couldn't believe my knowledge of the game! Honestly i have never EVER played or ever SEEN the game before in my life! but we sell so much of the fabric i am almost an expert. lol yesterday i was helping another customer when i heard someone say "Hey Deb!!" When i looked up it was him. He had a huge smile on his face.

Customer 3, When i was called by the mod to assist a customer with a quilting question, i have to admit i was rather intimidated. I didn't have enough faith in my knowledge to be able to be referred to as "the quilting expert!" She was excited to tell me about her quilt. She is finishing up a Generational quilt for her mothers 80th birthday. Each block represents a family. The quilt was already assembled so she was stuck with what she should do with the last three blocks since the back was already on. She was going on and on about this quilt i was unsure of what the final question/problem would be. Finally she said she wished we had something she could iron on the quilt block to finish it off...I said "we just happen to have something you could iron on!" :o) I showed her where the iron on stuff was, she was SO excited! All she had to do was create the image on her computer, print it off on the special paper and iron it on the quilt block! I made her day so much that she asked if she could hug me. Floating on air she went off to pay for her treasure. Later the mod told me that she had so many nice things to say about me and that she was more that happy to fill out a comment card to share her story with the higher up's.
Let's hope tonight goes just as well.....

1 comment:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I used to work retail; I can relate. This was when I was engaged; I once had a customer that wanted to match me up with her son, lol!