Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Our weekend....

When i last left you i had been called off work for 2 days in a row....

Friday night dh and i went out running errands together, and we stopped for ice cream. :o) Sometimes we only see each other for 5 minutes when he comes in and i run out....
Saturday since i didn't have to work, i took the girls and josh to lake farm park for the working dog weekend. The boys and Scott were doing a scouts thing. If we are ever able to move i really want to get a dog like one of these...
This "puppy" was SOOOO cute!!!!! Look at those paws/legs!!! She is a Bernese Mountain Dog. I WANT ONE!!!!! too bad you cant see her face! She was so cute!! this is Ajax, he is a Border Collie. I also love border collies!! Ajax was so cool! When we took this pic, he had been sitting in the same spot for a very long time. I just had to pet him, i had Em take a pic first. Once we started petting him he decided to lay down. We got him in trouble because he was told to "sit!" He, was a cool dog!!!
Here is a Newfoundland. He was such a laid back dog. A HUGE laid back dog! as you can see in the picture! Joshua really liked him, of course josh liked all the dogs and gave them all hugs, and brushed their tails on his cheeks. but he spent the most time with the puppy....
Sunday i attended my work picnic. wasn't bad. My friend that retired was there. i mostly talked to her, Best place to be when the water balloons came out. No one would throw a balloon at her! so i was pretty safe. I had planned my arrival very carefully, lol not to arrive too soon. but just enough time to be seen. lol I went right to work from the picnic. The evening was pretty quiet. Corporate was coming Monday morning so we needed to have a "Perfect" close. Monday when i arrived at work I asked how it went and i was surprised to hear that they also thought the store looked "perfect" Normally they (mostly Mgr) don't. Then i find out that they will be back "again" on Tuesday! So we needed another "perfect" close! Working with a hard working co-worker was easier on Monday than Sunday. Sundays co-worker kept getting distracted, so she never finished anything. she kept bouncing around from place to place and i had to finish that for her. but she is not the worst person to work with.
So, now about my schedule....for two weeks i had hardly any hours, the next schedule i have almost 20! Way too many for me! Where is the happy medium?? One of the days i am working is fathers day and it is also my 3rd Sunday in a row. I am scheduled from 8:45 am to 3pm. There are several things wrong with that shift. For instance, my availability states i am not available till after 2 on Sundays, and i am only suppose to have to work 1 weekend a month. I am expecting this is a test.....from "NO" hours to "TOO MANY" hours, plus a conflict on availability. I am torn as to if i should say anything or not. I am not sure what is the passing answer. if i say something I could be back on the list. If i don't say anything and work the shift, she will expect to get away with it all the time.....Hmm....Or is it all in my head?........lol

1 comment:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I might "let it go" once and see where it goes from there... I hate it when employers/managers do stupid stuff like that, though.