Tuesday, June 26, 2007

My Garden and Quilt for sale

the first two pictures are of lilies in my garden. We don't normally get to see them because the deer normally eat them before they bloom or just after. We were lucky enough to keep them protected enough to hide them this year. Go Weeds!!! :o)





Next is a the quilt i made to start off my quilt sale. I wanted the quilt to have a look of a quilt that your grandmother/great grandmother would have made. The quilt is hand tied and has prairie point edging. The blocks are made of muslin and the lattice is made up of various traditional calico's. There are several thoughts on laundering a quilt. My quilt teachers opinion is to do it the old fashion way and hang it out on the line and beat it. That is what i would suggest for this quilt. This quilt measures 39x 57 Price $50
contact me for more information.
debbiels1@gmail.com


1 comment:

Gino said...

Beautiful quilt!