Thursday, January 18, 2007

One of those days....weeks....

Ugh...what a lousy week! There was a HUGE sale at Joann's over the weekend! if you missed it, you missed the best sale that i have ever seen! Calico was 50% off! i carefully choose 3 prints that i thought couldn't live with out...
I have been admiring them ever since they arrived! I decided at 50% off i couldnt resist...
shipments come in on Monday's....and monday evening when i went to work i found these 2 that "I couldnt resist!"


what is so bad about this you ask...well, i really shouldn't have purchased this fabric. and i probably shouldn't have purchased that sewing machine either.....see me going down hill from here.... after such a big sale weekend at Joann's they closed Tues with a sales total of $2,000. that drop used up all available hours for the rest of the week! i was sent home early last night along with a few others. While on break i saw this article sitting on the table in the break room.
Since we are changing curriculum mid-year (again) i feel guilty for buying the most expensive curriculum! In addition, we have a HUGE mold problem in our house that we MUST take care of asap....i have been wandering aimlessly all day. I have so much to do that i cant even think of where to start! I decided to run out and take care of the errands real quick....only to find out that the battery in the brown van is dead....ugh. I have been driving dh van to work at night, it is getting so bad! i am afraid the front end is going to fall off or a tire! we have put so much money into this van, i cant see putting more into it! I don't think they fixed it right a few months ago when NTB messed it up!
we have so much *stuff* that we cant do anything. if we clean a room, we mess up another! we have tried to be patient and manage living in this *way to small* house it just gets to me sometimes when doing anything is impossible! there is NO room for anything! the UPS man delivered *7* boxes of school stuff yesterday! and he brought 2 boxes on Tuesday! and there are still more to come!!! :o/ I have NO idea where all this stuff is going to go! i think we will need to get rid of the couch or something....so here i sit blogging feeling sorry for myself....not getting anything accomplished..... :o<
But....I have the fabric i couldn't live without....

3 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'm sure the fabric didn't cost *that* much. Especially since it was on sale. Not trying to justify overspending or "retail therapy" per se, just that you are Not a Bad Person. I'm sure you can make something useful with the fabric. That's one thing good about sewing; it can be a hobby but can also be very practical.

chaplain7904 said...

I've got three words to say to you Deb. Choc O Late! Ahh. Addiction, sweet addiction.

debbie said...

thanks Barb!
in fact i just happened to learn that my new sewing machine came with the handy dandy attachment to make my own quilted fabric! Now my possibilities are endless! I better get busy and sew!!


Funny thing Chaplain! an evil genius just happened to show up to my house with a box of chocolates! lol