Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Look what i made! :o)

I have been so busy sewing that I forgot to mention that I figured out the problem with my new sewing machine....it was the thread! I got a 14 pack of gutermann thread on clearance. My machine didn't like the brown I guess...the other colors work fine! I have worked on several little things. I made a very simple skirt, I have been promising a certain 4yo I would make her kitty nightgown...we purchased the fabric back in the summer. But the main thing I have been working on is a quilted bag. I like how it turned out. :o) watch for more bags in the near future! dh is making me a website, I am going to start selling my quilted items. The embroidered chickadee on this bag is exclusive to this bag only! :o) it was given to me by a friend especially for this bag.


also...i am looking for ideas for a lighthouse quilt. I have an order for one, Joann's doesn't have any lighthouse fabric right now...or quilt books.

3 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Ooo, so cute! I have to get to my machine now. I'm so behind in stuff I want to sew. Keep us updated on the bags and your website.

Barb the Evil Genius said...

For lighthouse quilts, try here or this one or here or here.

Marie N. said...

The bag is great!!!