Saturday, November 18, 2006

Calgon took me away!

I took a nice long hot bath last night! I feel much better, except for my sore tail bone. Mr Rascal managed to knock my feet right out from under me! I fell faster than i knew what happened.
Dh and Jake went off to camp last night. I hope they have a good time! Dh was a little stressed, he said not only were they stopping for ice cream! he was stopping for cigarette's....I hope the ice cream does the trick before he gets to the cigarettes.. :o/
Thanks to everyone that added to the stress of his day!
(me included!)
I have to add now that yesterday is over...We all tend to be motivated to do work at different times. last week Jacob *was* motivated...Only i was too exhausted from working so many hours. (We need the money so i didn't feel i could say "no"....) Jacob discovered that going through junk is hard work! I cleaned up the laundry area, so now we have a place to put stuff we want to get rid of. I think this will help, since we can move that stuff to another part of the basement and little hands wont get into it. Emily has been a big help in the past. she gets upset that little hands mess up what she cleaned. So she doesn't want to do it anymore since it will get messed up again. I think dh has that thing where he gets depressed in the winter...i suppose that and all the stress he inures throughout the day adds to his lack of motivation at home. I just don't know how to get us ALL motivated at the same time and keep dh in good spirits. Plus work on top of that!

2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

Why, oh why, does so much of what we do, or don't do, get governed by "mood swings"? And why are we brought down when others are in a bad mood but never picked up by a good mood? And how long does it take to get to the Tootsie Roll center of a Tootsie Pop?

chaplain7904 said...

If it makes you feel any better, we're all in the same boat, Debbie. I had a nice big piece of poppy seed roll yesterday, with butter and peanut butter on it. When I was done, I had a second!

That was my ice cream and cigarettes. Now I'm about to have some Scotch on the rocks.

I was sorely tempted to go to the donut shop this morning, but resisted. But that's only because come Thanksgiving I will eat some pumpkin pie. I'm not saying how much, and besides a girl never tells all, now does she?

Calgon, take me away......