Friday, September 01, 2006

quilting progress

This is as far as I have gotten on Jacob's quilt. My class started so I had to put his on hold. The lattice is really cute it is black with paw prints. I am looking forward to finishing it! I have been quite busy lately (or so it seems...)











Remember all those pieces of fabric from "my next project" post? Well this is what has become of them. I have 16 little squares that are all different. They were so fun to make! I was disappointed when I got to the end of the stack! The other pic is the flower stem. Tomorrow we will learn how to make all those little applique’ flowers and leaves to attach to the stem. I don’t think I would have ever attempted this quilt on my own. It is very intimidating. lol another thing that is intimidating is that this class is only *2* sessions long! Sat is the 2nd class. Next class is paper piecing...



2 comments:

Barb the Evil Genius said...

I'll be interested in seeing you do the paper piecing. I've read about it in several books but I can't "picture" it in my head.

debbie said...

Um...i dont quite get it yet. It is working with tiny pieces of fabric that you sew on paper. hows that!? lol